Take a full day to think about each one of these things – everyday. If you want to know more, seek out the works of John Maxwell. Sign up to receive a free minute with John Maxwell by email everyday. You will not be sorry that you did 🙂
1) Don’t quit when you’re tired. Quit when you’re done.
2) First, we form habits. Then, habits form us.
3) You have to give up the good to become the best.
4) If things go wrong, don’t go with them.
5) Whether you think you can or think you can’t – you are right.
6) It’s your attitude, not your aptitude that determines your altitude.
7) Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
8) Quitting is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
9) There is no wrong side of the bed. We get up on the wrong side of our mind.
10) The greatest mistake a person can make is to do nothing.
11) What really matters is what happens in us, not to us.
12) Others can stop you temporarily but you’re the only one who can do it permanently.
13) Growl all day and you’ll feel dog tired at night.
14) Cease attributing problems to environment and learn to exercise your will.
15) An optimist sees light where there is none, so why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
16) Never look back unless you want to go that way.
17) We lost because we told ourselves we lost. – Leo Tolstoy
18) Opportunity looks bigger going than coming.
19) You can’t get ahead if you’re trying to get even.
20) Life is like baseball. It’s 95% mental and the other half is physical. – Yogi Berra
21) People catch our spirit just like they catch our colds – by getting close to us.
22) Forget TGIF. Try TGIT and “Thank God It’s Today!”
23) Afflictions color your life but you choose the color.
24) The most dreaded disease is the hardening of the attitude.
25) Always do more than is required of you. – General George S. Patton
26) Don’t find fault. Find a remedy.
27) Children are like mirrors – they reflect our attitudes in life.
28) Man who say it cannot be done should not interrupt man doing it. – Chinese Proverb
29) Nothing will be attempted if all possible obstacles must first be removed.
30) Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.
31) You can get everything you want when you help other people get what they want. – Zig Ziglar
32) Your expression is the most important thing you wear.
33) Failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses. – George Washington Carver
34) It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts.
35) Lord, grant that I may always desire more than I can accomplish. – Michelangelo
36) Are you more likely to choose what’s right, or what’s easy?
37) When opportunity knocks most people don’t answer.
38) Your attitude is so loud I don’t have to hear what you say.
39) Worry does not help anything, but it hurts everything. – General George S. Patton
40) Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm. – Abraham Lincoln
41) We tend to get what we expect.
42) Spirit is not finished when it’s defeated. It is finished when it surrenders. – Ben Stein
43) Leadership has nothing to do with title and everything to do with your disposition.
44) Winners concentrate on winning. Losers concentrate on getting by. – John Maxwell
45) If you never do more than you’re paid for, you’ll never get paid for more than you do.
46) Leaders have to give up (their rights) to go up.
47) It’s not where you start. It’s where you finish that counts.
48) Two men looked through prison bars. One saw mud the other stars.
49) Do a little more each day than you think you possibly can. – Lowell Thomas
50) Chance favors the prepared mind. – Louis Pasteur
51) I started where the last man left off. – Thomas Edison
52) There is no speed limit in the pursuit of excellence.
53) Behind every great idea is someone saying, “It won’t work.”
54) Progress is not created by contented people.
55) The greatest reward for doing is the opportunity to do more.
56) I do the very best I know how – the very best I can; and I mean to keep on doing so until the end. – Abraham Lincoln
57) Any manager that can’t get along with a .400 hitter is crazy. – Joe McCarthy, The New York Yankees
58) Go at everything as if it is the only thing to do.